J & F Distributing Co., Inc. was founded in 1958 by John Kafoure and his father, Frank Kafoure. The company was established to provide hose, fittings, filters, and related industrial products to central Indiana industries. The father and son team began in a 1000 square-foot rented room in a building on 17th Street in downtown Indianapolis. It took long, hard hours from many family members to start the company going.

    From there J & F Distributing Co., Inc. has made many changes. Moving from 17th Street to College Avenue and finally to its location on 3070 Lafayette Road, J & F Distributing has become the largest stocking distributor of Parker Fluid Connectors in central Indiana. Generational changes have also occured. Since the late 1970's Frank H. Kafoure and G. Bruce Freije, John's son and nephew, have become involved in many aspects of the company. What began as a one room industrial shop has now turned into a 22,000 square foot warehouse distributing such products as Parker Fluid Connectors, Schroeder Filters, Rosedale Filters, and Deublin Rotating Unions.